View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 10:19 PM   #54
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: How Do You Imprison TFT Wizards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post

Now, is it a good thing, or a bad thing, that Song of Ice and Fire was not available for my early reading list?

Cidri would have been a darker place, for sure.
LOL! I am going to gamble that this MAY VERY WELL BE a Trick-Question!

Rolling 6d6 vs IQ to Detect IQ Trap,..

I will cite paragraph 1, page 5, of: 'In The Labyrinth', Steve Jackson, Metagaming; 1980:

"Cidri is a big enough to hold thousands of Earths; it has room for the world of every Game Master who'll ever put pencil to hex-paper. There is room here for every sort of fantasy adventure to coexist - in a logical manner."

Rolling 8d6 vs IQ to Disarm IQ Trap,....

IF that statement is true, then whatever the measure of the overall level of "Cultural Luminance" of Cidri on-the-whole, ergo, it MUST also be true, that any of it's thousands of individual alternate Earths contained therein, REGARDLESS of individual Cutural Luminance, sum: MUST coexist - in a logical manner.

Bottom-Line: Regardless of what you read, or did not read at the time, as each Game Master is empowered to illuminate his/her world to their individual taste and vision - as informed by the root philosophy at the core of the game itself - therefore, and in this case, the concept of "a good thing" and "a bad thing" cannot exist, therefore, it cannot be applied.

Okay Steve,.. "Survey Sez"?

Last edited by Jim Kane; 03-08-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote