View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 08:15 PM   #12
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Default Re: Fantasy Trip Modern and Superheroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goodwin View Post
As I learned writing my clone, TFT's DNA is all through Champions. The original Hero guys have said that they played a lot of TFT prior to designing Champions. )
I can definitely see that. The core of TFT works well enough as a frame to hang just about any game - but of course if you go too far you DO end up turning or evolving nto either GURPS or Champions or something else entirely.

(For instance: The mods I ended up using for my anime-inspired demon-hunting TFT game back in 1992 or so ended up becoming part of the Demon City Shinjuku rpg, and then from there, with minor changes BESM. Both were "roll under" systems with three stats, so... They then migrated uncredited into BESM's daughter-game Silver Age Sentinels and then to Silver Age Sentinels d20, whose power rules were released under the Open Game License. I recall seeing small traces of them in use in Mutants and Masterminds (which acknowledged using the SAS d20 OGL), albeit in a significantly evolved form. But these specific rules were originally designed for TFT...)

Last edited by David L Pulver; 01-19-2018 at 08:24 PM.
David L Pulver is offline   Reply With Quote