View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #4
JLV

Default Re: Timeframe? As in, when might we have something?

If I had to guess, I'd guess that the only possibility for 2018 would be just Melee. I cannot imagine Steve being ready to go with the whole enchilada in less than a couple of years.

What I think we'll see is something similar to (but quicker than) the original release schedule -- Melee this year (possibly late in the year -- Steve has already said he wants to do this), Wizard sometime next year (I'd guess about a year after Melee), and then the whole system in 2020 or thereabouts.

I base this guesstimate on Steve needing time to think about this (all while running a successful and highly prolific game company), do his re-writes, and then playtest same. Plus, fitting TFT products into an already loaded game production schedule. So I'm guessing I'm reasonably on target with these WAGs at this point in time, though any such guesses are always highly subject to change as things come up at SJG.

Mind you, I'm not anyone employed by SJG (and thus, have absolutely zero insight into their actual issues and opportunities), nor did I spend an evening at the Holiday Inn Express last night, so I could be completely out of my mind...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote