View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #17
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Perks, can we have too many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofDellot View Post
Actually I'm having trouble convincing most of my friends to play GURPS due to how many options there are. It's a case by case on the player types.

Just to say, there is a problem with having too many options. It might be minor... and rarely noticeable... but it's there.
Okay this I hear allot. If Gaming is like a meal, and character creation is like cooking, then playing games with a few options you select like a multiple choice quiz is like ordering your food from a menu. Now GURPS has a whole kitchen at your disposal. Now you don't want to set someone loose whose never cooked before to fend for themselves entirely (templates are a decent cookbook though) they'll make a mess and once everyone starts eating they're gonna be ****** about all the stuff they didn't know how to make that their friends are eating...

The beauty of GURPS is that there are no barriers and you can play whatever you want! So you have to sit a new player down, and ask what they want and let em watch you cook for em
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote