Thread: GURPS Eberron
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
badmudderfugger

Default GURPS Eberron

So, after a two and a half year dalliance with D&D 4E, playing in the Eberron setting, our gaming group is looking to change things up as we wait to see what 5E looks like.

We tried a few sessions of the Pathfinder RPG, and it impressed one of my players enough for him to start prepping a PF session for us to play, but after playing through the life-cycle of D&D 3rd, it felt like a step back for me (and I find prepping encounters in Pathfinder to be boring as hell and far too much work, compared to 4E).

So, with that in mind, I decided to try shaking things up and switch from a fully cinematic/video game-influenced game like 4E to a more "realistic" game like GURPS, using the same characters we've been playing for the last few years.

Our group has a few folks who only started gaming with me, and their introduction was a series of GURPS adventures I ran to lure them in (one horror western adventure and a mini-campaign of pirate horror fun), before we switched to 4E.

I'll be posting the converted Eberron characters here (both PCs and NPCs).

As background, the PCs are the survivors of a Cyran military unit that was outside of Cyre on the Day of Mourning (a magical cataclysm that ended a 100 year war in the Eberron setting). Our campaign started on the Day of Mourning and then picked up with the characters, four years later.

First up, a fallen Paladin named Elric who was originally a paladin/warlock hybrid in 4E.