View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
Ragitsu
Banned

Default Re: Resident Evil Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elane Lewis View Post
Well right now I'm trying to figure out how to make the Cerberus just scary enough (Because by rights they should be.) without being so scary and mean that if you turn a corner into three of them it's time to write up new characters. I figure fairly high Strength, Decent Dex and Low IQ, as well as the normal dead things bonuses like "Injury Tolerance" as well as "Sharp Teeth" and Sharp or Blunt Claws. I really am amazed there's not a "Contagious" Add or Dis-Add.
That's the thing though: unless you make a T-Virus cure widely available, it doesn't matter how strong or how numerous you make the Cerberus, because one scratch is all it takes.

Anyways, ideas on creature creation...

You'll want to give them low HP to represent generally weakened body structure due to decay, but Injury Tolerance (Unliving) to represent the durability the infection creates in it's host. One good 9mm shot (head or "vitals") will do the job, or two-three normal shots. Fresher specimens may have more HP, of course.

If you want them to be clumsy attackers that really are a threat in packs, then Brawling-9 or 10 plus the Coordinated Attack option (GURPS Powers) will do the trick. Due to their ravenous hunger, they're probably less cautious than normal dobermans, and so I wouldn't crank up their Dodge score. Sharp Teeth and Blunt Claws seems about right.

I think they should retain Discriminatory Smell, but have less Acute Senses than normal. Given the environment they inhabit (wrecked cities), PCs should be able to construct urban camouflage to sneak by.
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote