View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #118
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Ogre Playmat M1 Preorders at Warehouse 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
There are around 3 million chess sets sold in the US annually, & i find Ogre way more fun than chess.
But most of those chess sets aren't $50. :-)

I find Chess just as fun as Ogre, but it's a completely different game that makes for an unfair comparison. One of the key differences is chess is straight skill vs skill; there is no random element to the game. You are either better than the person you are playing, or you aren't.

Back to the mats themselves...

While I did order one mat, I'm _not_ overly excited about it. I am excited to see a new map, but I bought it more because of "completionist disease" and as general support for the line to help promote growth. I found the different form factor a bit disappointing because it draws a distinct line of separation from everything else.

I'm not looking forward to yet another awkward shaped thing to deal with transporting, and honestly not looking forward to a pile of them in the future. That likely won't stop me from buying the next one, but I would have preferred to see a new G/S map board instead of making another fork in the road.