View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 08:03 PM   #62
sparky00

Default Re: Ogre Playmat M1 Preorders at Warehouse 23

"Additionally, this map will allow players to try the features in Daniel Oney's article "Going Downtown: Smart Cities in the Last War" in Ogrezine."

I saw that and it made me go back & reread the article. i had only skimmed through it on previous readings.

What a fantastic article - there is a TON of stuff crammed into those 3 pages. Enough to generate may scenarios.

Its interesting Daniel mentioned RAND reports as a resources. I found a trove of those back in collage- on the most interesting topics. Including early attempts to make a computer-based modular wargame to manipulate variables & project possible outcomes between different opponents.

The city map is a tremendous companion to it. At first i was concerned about the size, since the ranges are so short, but when one looks at the challenges this city map presents - close quarters are the least of your worries! This city is a nightmare- 5 bridges (4 major ones), a port, a ring road...

The rules & map really bring the possibility of complex urban warfare to the Ogre world, while still keeping the excellent Ogre mechanics.

I have an image lodged in my head of GEV-PC's full of Marines racing up that river to seize those bridges- intact!
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote