View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #38
Harald387

Default Re: Altering the Initiative Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
This is simple:

Knight: "I wait until the Wizards casts Turnabout, and then I attack the Monster in the back."

That's precisely the sort of thing Wait is for. Yes, you must be specific about what you do, but I have done so. If the idea is to pull off that move, then Wait is a perfect fit.
As stated previously, problems occur when the situation turns out like this:

Speed 7.25 Knight: "I Wait until the wizard casts Roundabout, and then hit the monster in the back."
Speed 7 Scout: "I shoot the monster in the eye. It dies."
Speed 6 Wizard: "Well, the thing I was planning to cast Roundabout on is dead... I'll cast a Missile spell and get ready to throw it at the enemy over there next turn."
Knight: "...well, now my turn is wasted. Thanks, Scout."

Bad teamwork? Sure. But should it really result in the Knight losing his turn (instead of being allowed to Move, or take some other useful maneuver since he no longer has an enemy in front of him)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendu View Post
P.B366, Under "Wait":
"Finally, you can use Wait to coordinate actions with slower friends."

That's the entire paragraph. No qualifiers about specifying what you are waiting for, or what you will do. Nice, simple, common-sensical, even.
My reading (and that of the rest of my group) of this doesn't say that it negates the requirements outlined previously for a Wait (that you declare your maneuver ahead of time), but rather that this is just a suggestion for 'other situations in which Wait is useful'. I could be wrong!

At the end of the day, it really makes sense to me that you can simply delay your turn until an ally acts, then take your maneuver. I don't have a problem with it, fundamentally - it's probably what we're going to do in our group. It just seems to me like it's an odd hole in the rules.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote