View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #17
larsdangly

Default Re: Two Weapons + Spike Shield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMod View Post
Except the definition of Two Weapons talent, where it is listed alongside Main Gauche and Spike Shield as one of the 3 things anyone can use in their off hand.

I'm basically just saying it's a lightweight Main Gauche which doesn't stop a hit. As defined in ITL. Which might explain the '1' DX loss for MG on the shields table? I don't feel that's really the same as making a house rule. It's clearly allowed in TW talent...
But it never says HOW those three things can be used, and the two that are explained elsewhere in the rules (Main-gauche and spike shield) follow different rules. So, I dont think there is any case to be made that RAW explains how a dagger and sword work together for people who lack TW talent. Also, the DX penalty on the MG table is hard to interpret. There is no such penalty in Melee, and none of the fighter cards included in the Legacy Edition get a DX penalty from using a MG. There is no self-consistent answer here, but the weight of evidence suggests no DX penalty, and the tables are a typo.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote