View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 08:18 AM   #12
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Vampire Templates for Cabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
The template already has Secret (Vampire; possible death), which I think covers that. Given that it's meant for play among Cabalists, who are pretty monstrous in themselves, I don't think Social Stigma applies for them.
I had missed the Secret disad, yeah. I would argue that should the Secret be revealed, Social Stigma (Monster) would still be appropriate as one of the disads the Secret "converts" to, though. Certainly, other Cabalists won't necessarily judge you. But in all but the most Cabal-heavy game, I'd still expect players to have to deal with non-Cabalists sometimes. And that's where Social Stigma (Monster) will get you. It means the vampire is more limited than a human Cabalist, because normal humans will tend to be unwilling to work with the vampire, which seems reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian
Hrm. These are a combination of racial and dramatic templates, not just pure racial templates like "Minotaur" or "Vulcan". I want to represent that, in the Cabal setting, supernatural critters tend to be more individualistic than in a lot of fantasy settings. I could do bloodlines, but I'd rather avoid sub-splats...
I can see the point here. If that's what you're going for, I'd definitely recommend the "Racial Gifts" perk, and just have each template say "add 15 points in advantages from the 'Vampiric Gifts' list."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian
I may just build up a stack of Vampiric Powers (ala VTM's Disciplines) that any Vampire can buy as a Feature, and go from there. Unfortunately that leaves flavorful disads in limbo.
It doesn't have to leave the disads out, actually. If you go the Racial Gifts route, nothing says that the gifts have to be single advantages - you could make a list composed of packages like I described above, with a few thematically-linked advantages and disadvantages bundled together.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote