View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
brandonm
Cybernetic Overlord, Protector of the Fairness, Ebliberator of Stealage & Grand Purveyor of Laser Cats

Default Re: Announcement: New Map Bashing Tool - ScreenshotGrid

Quote:
To start, get the map you want to use positioned on your screen, displaying the region you want at the resolution you want, in any application you want. I use this primarily with a web browser displaying a map, but it will work with any program - that's part of the beauty of it.

Then run ScreenshotGrid, and maximize it.
I've tried this on Windows 7 and 8; maximizing ScreenshotGrid is resulting in it being added to the final image. So you get whatever is running underneath as well as the program overlaid on that, also showing the underlying material and doubling of the grid in that space.

To work around this I changed the size of ScreenshotGrid to be just the toolbar showing and positioned it in front of the browser toolbar, then when you hit capture it still shows up but not in the part of the browser showing the map.

Also, I am not seeing any underlying image when using the tool maximized. I see the grid but it is on a white background. Once I've done a capture I then double click the title bar to maximize the window and see how things turned out. I suspect it must be working differently in XP, which is what it looks like it is running in from the first post screenshot.

Quote:
Would be great if you could load an image from file.
Not sure why you would need to load a file; it looks to me that anything under the ScreenshotGrid program on your first monitor's desktop will be captured and overlaid with a grid. So you could open an image file in any program and then bring up ScreenshotGrid to get the capture.

Overall, a neat tool for anyone wanting to make custom hex maps!

Last edited by brandonm; 10-11-2013 at 09:17 AM.
brandonm is offline   Reply With Quote