View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
Zanfire

Default Re: The Last of Us GURPS - The Infected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBeastX View Post
GURPS Horror talks about different zombie types too.
Yes, thanks, I already got a look at those templates, before creating the ones I posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaulesh View Post
Do the infected really have infectious blood?

Spoiler:  
seem to turn pretty quickly, but I don't recall ever being told exactly when they were exposed. It seems like Joel would have been repeatedly exposed to their blood with all of the skull shattering going on and should be somewhere in the incubation process.

I guess that's a hot topic for any zombie game, though. It wouldn't be as fun if letting a baddie touch you was an instant death that caused you to restart from scratch.
The game knowledge-base states that infection is fluid-based. Even a scratch can (but not always do) trasmit it, because of fluid-to-fluid contact (blood on skin is not enought). As you rightly pointed this is a main topic in zombie-like games AND an incredible danger for characters. I still think players should fear the infection wildly, in order to create the right mood and to push them to avoid contact with the infected like hell!
With this in mind, it is up to the GM to "cheat" if necessary to avoid useless death/infections.
One optional rule in the sourcebook I'm writing will focus on the chance of being infected for bad luck just while fighting an infected: this simulate the accidental injestion of infected blood, a splash of saliva into the eyes etc. etc. (GM rolls 3d6 for each melee round engaged by infected, on a 3,4,5 the character becames infected). This is an incredibly nasty rule (and optional because of this), but I think some hardcore players can enjoy the thrill it creates and the sense of impending danger it causes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railstar View Post
My guess is the game staff literally never thought of it.
I bet you're right ;)