View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Cabal 4e -> WE NEED IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Basically, I think we need a book on the Cabal for the Fourth Edition. After all, the Cabal is now proudly interdimensional.
The mistake is in thinking of the Cabal as an organisation. It isn't; it's a mutual agreement not to kill each other made between a large number of powerful people, many of them somewhat mad.

I can answer these questions for a vague consensus of the Cabal factions in my Infinite Cabal campaign:
Quote:
What is the Cabal view of the Homeline/Centruum struggle?
Two large and clumsy empires, unable to get at each other well enough to decide their struggle. Pick up profits from them, but don't take sides.
Quote:
How does the Cabal see Reich-5? Threat to be fought? Member to be wooed?
Delusional lunatics, working on profoundly wrong theories of magic and psi, keen to kill anyone who disagrees with them. Try to get Infinity to kill them off, since they are nearer.
Quote:
Can they access world's at higher and lower Quanta than Homeline or Centruum?
Yes, their means of travel between worlds aren't quantum-limited. The Cabal weren't even aware of quanta until they learned of them from Infinity and Centrum.
Quote:
Are there other struggles and wars the Cabal either avoids or manipulates?
Yes, though most of them are confined to individual worlds or skerries.
Quote:
What is the Cabal's inter-temporal topography? Their map of the worlds.
They don't share that stuff among themselves. There are vast amounts of knowledge being sat on by individual Cabalists, and if someone could put it all together, they'd learn incredible things. This would require finding all the Cabalists and bribing or killing most of them.
Quote:
And I think we need some good templates and character lens too.
I build Cabalists on about 100 points per rank; after that they vary a lot.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote