View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: GURPS HP & FP Tracker (application)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale View Post
Cool. I'll try to get it running under WINE and let you know how it goes. I haven't used WINE in a while so it didn't even occur to me to try it out. That would make things simpler than trying to recompile/java-fy it etc.
I personally use VirtualBox to get some use of my legal windows license, that came with the computer. Sure, I can't run high performance apps/3d aps with it, but for almost anything, it's sufficient, and it's much less of a hassle than WinE

Quote:
Wasn't trying to come across as whiny... hope I didn't anyway. I just thought I'd point out that a number of the forum members use Linux instead of Windows. I was hoping that Eric could do it with a simple recompile but I am ignorant with respect to C#, so I wasn't sure how easy it would be to do it. Since it seems to be a big deal I'll just try WINE now that I remembered it exists... @:-)
Recompiling C# should not be neccessary, since technically, they run on a virtual machine (the .net framework) and a port of said virtual machine exists (mono) but MS makes everything it can to keep the compatibility at minimums, specially for the GUI elements. If you release the source, it might be possible to see if it compiles under Mono, and thus if it's possible to run it under it.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote