Thread: HEAL spell?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 02:02 PM   #28
tbeard1999

Default Ty's Healing Spells and Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
...Okay TY, thanks for showing up and sharing your thoughts; but would you now please tighten it up, and state your feedback as it could appear as RULE - as the rule would appear in it's rough-draft form - to make it as succinct as easily digestible as possible?

I think that might be most directly beneficial.
HEALING SPELLS
Cinematic Campaigns

Healing spells heal ST lost from physical damage. They do not restore ST lost from fatigue or spellcasting. A wizard can heal any figure after any combat or accident. Healing spells cast on the same wounded figure are not cumulative. However, a wizard can cast a higher IQ healing spell on a figure who has already received a lower IQ healing spell. The higher level spell costs the normal amount of ST to cast, but will heal the difference in damage between the lower IQ spell and the higher IQ spell.

A wizard gets +4 DX if he or she spends a full minute (12 turns) casting a healing spell. A wizard can cast a healing spell normally in combat, but this will count as receiving a healing spell after the combat and is subject to the same restrictions. Also, remember that this is a thrown spell. That means that in normal combat, a wizard will be at least -1 DX.

Healing spells will cure ST already lost to disease and poison, but will not cure the disease nor make a poison go away.

A healing spell counts as 2 points of damage healed by a physicker or master physicker. Heroes with the master physicker talent can learn healing spells for 2 IQ points instead of 3 IQ points. They also do not suffer the normal DX penalty for heroes casting spells.

If you use a non-standard system for death, a healing spell should stop bleeding, etc.

See the chart below for Healing magic items. Healing scrolls are common. As with other scrolls, the magic comes from the scroll and the strength comes from the caster. A minor healing scroll costs $200; a major healing scroll costs $400 and a critical healing scroll costs $600. They are a bit cheaper than healing potions (q.v.), but require casting. Scrolls cannot get the +4 DX bonus by taking 12 turns to cast; the standard rules for scrolls apply.

Examples
Assume that Cyril knows Critical Healing; Darin is a physicker and Errol is a master physicker. Melio takes 7 hits in the first turn of a combat.

Example 1 - During the Combat: Cyril can try to heal 2, 4, or 6 points of damage with Minor Healing, Major Healing or Critical Healing. If successful, (a) any later healing spell will be reduced by 2, 4 or 6 points in effectiveness, as applicable; (b) Darin cannot heal any damage; and (c) Errol can only heal one point of damage. This lasts until Melio is damaged again after this combat.

Example 2 - After the Combat: Cyril can try to heal 2, 4, or 6 points of damage with Minor Healing, Major Healing or Critical Healing. If successful, (a) the spell is reduced by 2, 4, or 6 points as applicable if Melio has already received a healing spell during or after the last combat; (b) Darin cannot heal any damage; and (c) Errol can only heal one point of damage. This lasts until Melio is damaged again.

Optional Rule: Allowing seriously injured TFT characters to completely heal after each fight might be a little too generous. Therefore, limit the maximum amount of healing (including physickers/master physickers) to 1 less than the total lost in the last combat.

So if Bob takes 4 points of damage in a combat, he can only receive 3 points of healing.

Using this rule means that injured figures will always lose at least 1 ST per combat, therefore degrading over time. A figure with ST 12, who is damaged in each combat, will be at ST 6 after six combats. At that point, he may want to head home...

To be inserted in spell lists:

IQ 10: Minor Healing (T) Heals 2 ST of physical damage. 1 ST.

IQ 13: Major Healing (T) Heals 4 ST of physical damage. Figures who know this spell also know Minor Healing. 2 ST.

IQ 16: Critical Healing (T) Heals 6 ST of physical damage. Figures who know this spell also know Minor Healing and Major Healing. 3 ST.

ADDITIONAL MAGIC ITEMS
Cinematic Campaigns

Minor Healing (Lesser Magic Item)
Cost: $2000
Notes: I
Weeks to Make: 2
ST/Day: 175
Cost/Wk of Ingredients: $230
2 doses healing potion ($300); $160 c.i.

Major Healing (Lesser Magic Item)
Cost: $4000
Weeks to Make: 4
4 doses healing potion ($600); $320 c.i.

Critical Healing (Greater Magic Item)
Cost: $6000
Weeks to Make: 6
6 doses healing potion ($900); $480 c.i.

Notes:
I. Self-powered versions of this item do not exist. However, they can be enchanted to include a special purpose ST battery. This adds the same cost and requires the same ST/ingredients as a ST battery. This ST battery does NOT count as a separate magic item and the ST battery can ONLY be used to power the item. For instance, a Major Healing ring with a 5 point ST battery would cost $9,000 ($4,000 + $5000 for the ST battery), plus the cost of the ring. It would require:

Weeks to Make: 6
ST/Day: 134
Cost/Wk of Ingredients: $605 (includes a $1000 gem)
16 doses healing potion ($2400); $230 c.i.; gem worth $1000+[/SIZE]

HEALING SPELLS
Non-Cinematic Campaigns

These spells work exactly like the physicker or master physicker talents, except that no physicker's chest is required and the healing takes place instantly.

A wizard gets +4 DX if he or she spends a full minute (12 turns) casting a healing spell. A wizard can cast a healing spell normally in combat, but this will count as receiving a healing spell after the combat and is subject to the same restrictions. Also, remember that this is a thrown spell. That means that in normal combat, a wizard will be at least -1 DX.

Healing spells will cure ST already lost to disease and poison, but will not cure the disease nor make a poison go away. If you use a non-standard system for death, a healing spell should stop bleeding, etc.

Healing spells are treated as though the physicker or master physicker talent is used. So after being injured, a figure can be healed 3 points by a master physicker or by a master physicker spell, but not both. If a figure receives a 1 point First Aid spell, after the combat is over, he can later be healed an additional 1 point by a physicker or 2 points by a master physicker.

To be inserted in spell lists:

IQ 9: First Aid (T) Cost 1 ST. Lets the wizard use the physicker talent (q.v.) on one figure, but only 1 ST lost from physical damage is healed. No physicker's chest is required.

IQ 11: Physicker (T) Cost 1 ST. Lets the wizard use the physicker talent (q.v.) on one figure. No physicker's chest is required to heal the normal 2 points of damage.

IQ 14: Master Physicker (T) Cost 1 ST. Lets the wizard use the master physicker (q.v.) talent on one figure. No physicker's chest is required to heal the normal 3 points of damage. A figure who knows this spell must also know the Physicker spell.

ADDITIONAL MAGIC ITEMS
Non-Cinematic Campaigns

First Aid (Lesser Magic Item)
Cost: $1000
Weeks to Make: 1
1 dose healing potion ($150); $80 c.i.

Physicker (Lesser Magic Item)
Cost: $2000
Weeks to Make: 2
2 doses healing potion ($300); $160 c.i.

Master Physicker (Greater Magic Item)
Cost: $3000
Weeks to Make: 3
3 doses healing potion ($450); $240 c.i.

Notes:
I. Self-powered versions of this item do not exist. However, they can be enchanted to include a special purpose ST battery. This adds the same cost and requires the same ST/ingredients as a ST battery. This ST battery does NOT count as a separate magic item and the ST battery can ONLY be used to power the item. For instance, a Physicker ring with a 5 point ST battery would cost $7,000 ($2,000 + $5000 for the ST battery), plus the cost of the ring. It would require:

Weeks to Make: 4
ST/Day: 113
Cost/Wk of Ingredients: $815 (includes a $1000 gem)
12 doses healing potion ($1800); $460 c.i.; gem worth $1000+

Designer's Notes: http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=31

Last edited by tbeard1999; 05-29-2018 at 08:34 PM.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote