View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 09:01 AM   #19
Phantasm

Default Re: Temporary Attributes as Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Another option may be to make the increases a template for an Alternate Form, and add the modifiers to that, though the default of "10 seconds to change forms" bit may need to be adjusted by enhancements as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
One way to boost Attribute all together is to make an "Alternate Form" out of the differences. As for Supers support a Custom template alterative to a racial template.
Funny how I mentioned that all the way back in my first reply, but no one followed up. :)

Honestly, I find the options being discussed using Link and Alternative Abilities as convoluted and potentially confusing.

IMO, after consideration, the best thing to do may be to use an Alternate Form. For example:

Stat the template as such:
Increased Stats:
ST +3 [30]; DX +3 [60]; HT +3 [30].
Total: 120 pts.

Then use that as the basis for the Alternate Form, probably as follows:

Alternate Form (Increased Stats; Difference in Points: 120 pts) (Costs 2 FP/sec, -10%; Reduced Time 5 (instant change), +100%; Psionic, -10%) [135].

The Reduced Time is needed as switching to an Alternate Form normally takes 10 seconds; each level of Reduced Time divides that by half - level 1 is 5 secs, level 2 is 3 secs (2.5 rounded up), level 3 is 2 secs (1.25 rounded up), and level 4 is 1 sec (0.625 rounded up) - with the caveat that if the time is already dropped to a second the next level makes it instant.

Clear as mud?

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote