View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 11:49 PM   #22
Gavynn

Default Re: Gurps World's Largest Dungeon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane
The mad wizard-god theme has, despite the apparent lack of originality, a chance of fabulisimilitude (in Bill Stoddard words: "the likeness of real world myths"). So I like it, too.
As far as originality goes, I think lots of fun can be had with very traditional story lines and archetypes. So, yeah, the idea may have been around for a while, but that doesn't necessarily mean one has to stay away from it.

I also really like the extra-dimensional idea. In fact the two ideas can be combined. Say the WLD is a demi-plane created by a wizard who set up a lot of doors from every plane in order for him to travel between them. Say there is some reason he doesn’t have doors directly go from one place to another. They all come out on this demi-plane. Then, in order to stop people from using these doors, he stocks the demi-plane with lots of crazy monsters from all different planes. Of course, he thought he could control them, but they ate him. Now, for those who know about this demi-plane can get from any place to any place, but have to find the proper door in a huge dungeonesque demi-plane.

Last edited by Gavynn; 02-26-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Gavynn is offline   Reply With Quote