View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #142
ammulder

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

Well, we could certainly wish it had been clarified at the time of writing... or of being included in a large, collected set of prior rules... or of being included in the second, larger, collected set of prior rules... :)

I don't especially want to defend one position or the other. I mean, theoretically, the rubber catches fire, 4 points later the fire goes out and you lose 1 point of HC, you're only at risk of the fire spreading while you have burning rubber left, etc. I'm not claiming that's the best interpretation, though.

The larger point is that if I disable the option in the software, then I'm forcing you to read it my way, or acknowledge and agree to this 3rd party source of collected rulings. Whereas now, you can either choose to buy fireproof Plasticore tires or not, depending on how you/your group rules it (and how much cash you care to blow...). I'm OK with enforcing things when I'm convinced that's the official rules, but this particular issue seems like more of a corner case where one could want it to work either way.

This is also not to say I feel this way about all the issues Racer and others have raised -- in general they are totally valid. I think this one is more of an exception. :)
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote