View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 06:43 AM   #98
Gumby Bush

Default Re: GURPS Magic: The Least of Spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
On that note, could the spell list be solid enough to give a setting the feeling of widespread magic that does enough without any other supplements or Magic itself? I haven't gotten a chance yet to buy it, but I feel that will definitely sway how soon I do.
The very idea of Least Spells provides the germ of an idea which might be expanded into such a thing. I think the thread of new Least Spells shows that you could produce that feeling without non-Least Spells, but we've been relying pretty heavily on comparisons to Magic spells.

Some of it may depend on how you use it, too. If almost everyone (\in the setting picks up a Least Spell or two, then I think you're likely to wind up feeling like magic is everywhere, even though most spells are unlikely to fundamentally alter the setting.

Several spells are designed for settings where Least Spells complement ordinary spells: Ack, the Enchantments spells, Easy Rider, Reorient, Aide, Disbelieve, and Use Item.

There are also several "poke" Innate Attack spells: they do no real damage, but are obviously magical and could be quite useful, or at least fun. Others are spells I wish I could learn (Keyfinder, for instance).