View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 01:42 PM   #6
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: 3d Printing hints and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkc View Post
* Stuff falls into the resin tank all the time, and it's annoying as anything. I've taken to sweeping the bottom of the tank with a cheap plastic spoon just before printing, to make sure that a support or other fiddly bit hasn't fallen into the goo. The typical failure scenario is that the build plate goes in for that initial layer and presses the debris straight through the FEP film. That means resin all over the printer and all over your workspace.
I wanted to re-visit this.

I've had stuff fall into my vat, but, if I ever think there's an issue, I put some sprue in the corner of the tray and do an exposure. Then drain and clean the FEP.

Additionally. If you're having an issue with things not sticking to your build plate, get thee some sandpaper and "rough up" your build plate. It may feel smooth to you, but all the micro gouges give the resin some nice places to grip (over the, hopefully, smooth FEP).

I had the issue with some map-scale dropships and the 12-sided d4s sticking. So I washed my build plate, gave it a good sanding with some 320-grit sandpaper. Washed the plate again, thoroughly. Slapped it back on and it was great.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote