View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 03:32 PM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: #Dungeon23 Megadungeon Challenge

Jan 10 etr

Description: A 5 yard by 5 yard chamber, with low ceilings. In the center is a stone dias with an singed Ivory cube on it, resting in a depression. A loud tone emanates from the cube, as does a faint glow. In the dias is a small receptacle for something to drop into.

The Dias and the Cube: The ivory cube, about six inches on each side, has animals inscribed on all six sides: Bear, Hare, Wolf, Stag, Rat, and Boar. Its initially found in the Wolf Position. Removing the cube more than a yard from the dias causes everything in the room to take 3d6 fire damage, repeated every three seconds until the cube is returned or is farther than 20 yards away. Rotating the cube in the dias has an effect depending on which side is placed facing up.

Bear or Stag: Everything in the Room takes 3d6 fire damage
Hare: magical darkness fills the room, as via the blackout spell
Wolf: A Clear loud Tone emanates from the Cube. If this is started back up after its been gone for a minute or more, roll for wandering monsters.
Rat: A key drops out of a cornucopia enchantment in the Dias. This key goes to some other room in the dungeon, but which?
Boar: A booming raucous voice calls out: "Stop insulting me with your guesses. You will never get the key". roll for wandering monsters

vision: -3 (soft glowing cube)
hearing: -7 (if the tone from the cube is on)

exits: None
treasure: The cube is worth about $500. The Cornucopia enchantment will fail if moved. The keys are essentially scrap metal. This is a world with Cornucopia enchantments

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote