View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 03:04 PM   #12
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: #Dungeon23 Megadungeon Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I love the reverse-gravity pool on the ceiling. Perfect DF flavor.
Thanks.

Quote:
A combat-focused party will likely make short work of the tentacles. Maybe they grow back quickly so you really need to take out the main body to defeat it. I would also change "10 damage" to "10 injury" to sever a tentacle. Might boost DR a bit too (rubbery skin).
Thanks for the summary. I changed the 10 damage to 10 injury, and boosted DR to 4... which still feels high to me.

Fighting the tentacles is a really valid tactic, as long as no one gets pulled into the pool. So I made the tentacles slowly come back... it will take about five hours. So either next time you pass, or if you really dally, when you're coming back home low on resources.

Quote:
With that said, it doesn't need to be a boss. It would definitely be a threat to the main group that I GM for (they're not optimized for combat).
Yeah, its not intended to be a boss. Its intended to be a sort of puzzled room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammann View Post
Galdurnaut in a Porcelain Emporium
Ok, this is clever. I love the battle concept: how do you maximize the surviving treasure? if you act to fast, you loose treasure. If you act too slow, you loose treasure.

The numbers on the treasure are confusing though. Are you supposed to place less than 45 art pieces before the battle? or does the amount of damage control the players do not matter and they just end up with 10+2d objects afterwards no matter what? both of those feel weird to play with.

The money here feels a little high: the median art piece is worth $7,500. I get that you have to do a little extra work, but that's enough that making home with just the best piece makes the whole delve worth it... I think. I'm still getting my feet under me in regard to DF economics.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote