View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #11
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

What is the sergeant’s name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The sargeant strokes his chin, "Bring food for the trip. And very good weapons." And as for the boulder at the Broken Hilt, "We think that was just an attempt on revenge. Giants don't live in caves, they're too big."
I understand, is this because there are not reliable sources of water and food inside The Caves? How long has people ventured there? Have the delvers visiting The Caves, gone lost for days just to come back in despair? I would like to gauge the number of rations we’ll need, and manpower.

It would be of great aid if you could help us with a map, and a mapping kit. Do you have some for spare?

If there is loot in The Caves, then I could return you twice the value of them
(OOC: about 300 copper coins), and share with you the information we gather there.

I think this can be of profit to our land and us.

And if we were successful, it would be a commendation to you. Otherwise, you lose nothing. And you can put me in the "wanted list", if I don't pay when I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The sargeant wishes Bain luck, "We don't know what's out there in The Caves. Be careful."
Bain thanks the sergeant, and leaves with a greeting.

At this moment Bain is back to Broken Hilt, and sits with his fellow delvers; he explains the situation to them:

I just spoke to a sergeant in the Barracks. The forces steer clear from The Caves of Mercy, something big is going on there; you don’t find a series of monster lairs dug into a mountainside every day.

He told us to bring more rations, and good weapons.

And so, the party starts discussing the preparations… which possibly makes contrast with the rest of the place, that is for sure as lively as the party, but in different ways; surely those looking for adventure can smell what's cooking.