View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #74
Varyon

Default Re: The guide to throat slitting (or sentry removal, for the gentlemen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Grab and Smash got confusing from MA>TG...
Eh, not really. In MA you use All Out Attack (Double) to grapple and strike, getting the benefits of All Out Attack (Strong) on the strike, provided the grapple connects. In TG, you needn't go All Out - any time you grapple and strike the same round*, you may spend any CP from the grapple on a one-for-one basis to increase damage.

*I forgot the "same round" stipulation. Personally, I'd amend that - you can spend CP to boost damage in later rounds, but may spend no more than the same maneuver could generate as a grapple (so you can spend more on All Out Attack Strong than you can on Defensive Attack) and can no more than double damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Is it possible to do a two handed grab whilst holding a knife in one of the hands? Or are you using a two handed grip on the knife?
When using GURPS default rules, I would use Knife for a grapple that consists of grabbing the face with the offhand and grappling the neck with the knife. If pressed, I'd use the lower of Knife and the character's grappling skill. My personal preference, however, is to have all Reach C grappling simply use a grappling skill, not a weapon skill - using the weapon skill is for grappling at a distance. Familiarity would apply, of course.