View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Exalted: something broken, or just different power level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangsdorf View Post
The system is probably more mechanical complex than would be desirable for a high-powered, semi-narrative game.
Noted. Though that's probably better than 'General Quick Contest. You defeat the generic Dragon-Blooded. Next.' sort of mechanics.

Quote:
It also has some obvious issues, like expecting people to routinely roll 15+ dice in their die pools.
Noted. I wonder if it is deliberate.

Quote:
Weapon damage for even medium range weapons without charm usage is absurdly high compared to armor and health, making combat unreasonably deadly.
Hmm. In the tutorial, I downed Crimson Rain in a single blow. I did throw all I had into it though, rolling 20ish dice.
Overwhelming, Hardness and Minimum Damage seemed to be the last straw of complexity. Though I suppose they're not that annoying once you're used to them.

Quote:
There's a huge gap between what the fluff says a character's ability should be and the game mechanical representation.
Hmm. In what direction? Generic WoD-inconsistent, or consistently lower effect than fluff?

Quote:
The charm trees are bloated, non-intuitive, and hard to remember, which leads to NPCs being nearly unplayable.
Ouch.

Quote:
I'd say the game is difficult to play as it is. Supposedly, the errata is making things better, but there's a lot of fundamental concepts that make extended campaign play difficult.
What exactly do you mean under those fundamental concepts?