View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 02:05 PM   #26
tbeard1999

Default Re: Pre-Gen cards and Character sheet pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
OK, still don't understand why the pad sheets for Fighters aren't just like the Wizard ones with Talents/Spells on the right side, but whatever.

Wait, what, no! Why have the fighter sheets without a place to put Talents? If the backside is used, OK, then why have the space for just Wizard characters on the front? Why not just have one type of pad for whatever type of character you want to create, Wizard, Hero, or Blend?
I assume that these sheets are designed to be used with the microgames and not the RPG.

Though it's a great opportunity to show a key TFT strength - "here's a full TFT character sheet on a notecard (or whatever)".

Quote:
I've obviously built decks of my own index card variety that look and feel cheap, but what GM wouldn't want some nice decks of pre-generated characters to facilitate a game session? Wny aren't these at least a stretch goal?

The Melee and Wizard golf pencil (no eraser, so get your character design correct the first time, newb!) can be debated later...
I use Avery 3x5 laser printable index cards and crank out characters, monsters and encounters using a Word template. 150 cards for $9 on Amazon. They look fine.

If you have an inkjet printer, you may be able to feed normal index cards through.

And of course, printable business cards can be found at any office supply store. They're 3.5 x 2 inches, so they'd work fine for tiny character cards. Avery provides decent Word, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat templates.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote