View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Kallatari

Default Re: Pyramid 3/52 - Low-Tech Armor Design - Comments and Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley View Post
Also High Tech set DR's based on "informed performance". They dont follow a system that I am aware of. Generally, the /5 came about as the DR of the fabric carrier against things like knives and baseball bats, and it was an eyeballing. Adjusting that number to fit the Low-Tech Armor Design assumptions probably isnt going to hurt anything, realism wise. Measuring the difference between a 5 damage spear thrust and a 3 damage spear thrust might be beyond our abilities.
That was my thought as well, which is why I didn't mind changing the DR of the assault vest in my modern counter-terrorists campaign to 12/3*. But flagged it in my comments anyway because it is a change if others want to go that route.

As with the bomb disposal, I'm more bugged about the mass. But, in all fairness, that "annoyance" (if you will) is all based on the assumption that the weight provided in GURPS High-Tech are accurate. Sadly, my knowledge of such real-life equipment is nil, and my quick searches of the internet have revealed that I don't know how to compare the "real world ratings" to GURPS rating, and have found weights across the board... I'm curious how High-Tech came about to a value, if anyone knows the answer?
Kallatari is offline   Reply With Quote