View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #25
RedMattis

Default Re: Criticism for my Fate Point System? Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane
I'm searching for a good "Fate Point" system for GURPS, too. Seeing this, RedMattis, I would ask not only for Magic -as Randover points-, but about many more non-combat features of the game and/or plot.
Alright. I'll try to look over Fate Points and magic.
I think I will try inventing a variation of Heroic Effort and Lucky Shot for extended actions.

Quote:
Excepting Plot Twists, I would like to see how this work with things as Reaction Rolls, Fatigue points, Fright or Awe Checks, Will increases-decreases in particular situations... and whatever not directly related with combat nor with the physical capabilities of the characters (stuff already well covered under Heroic Feats and Aegis of the Plot).
My players have yet to try using them for reaction rolls, but I believe Heroic Effort and Lucky Short should work fine here too. After all. Reaction Rolls are typically only made when there is no predetermined reaction.

I'll try to see if there is any good way to alter predetermined reactions. I have a few ideas.

The system already works for Fright Checks and such. Failing a Fright Check is no different from failing a check for unconsciousness or a HT roll to resist an affliction/disease.

I'll try to create something like the "Fury" Feat for increasing other attributes.

Quote:
Putting it in another way, Plots Twists section seems a bit scarce in content for a role playing game featuring not only combat situations. Don't you think?
It could use some more options. Perhaps. So far I've based it on existing GURPS advantages (Serendipity and Contact for Serendipity, and Gizmo for... Gizmo).

Quote:
I'm aware the "combat" aspect -along with its rules- of a role playing game system is the easier to quantify, but still I think this deserves a thought.
The so called 'combat' feats are to be used for all situations. Heroic Effort or Lucky Shot can be used to save that one important Fast-Talk roll, or to turn the Sex Appeal roll for hitting on that girl by the bar into a critical success.