View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
Rysith

Default Re: Gravity Control Single Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersaiyandoyle View Post
I'm recreating a character from fiction in GURPS for fun and one of his abilities is to change the axis of and multiply the effect of gravity on objects that he touches.

It requires direct contact and wears off after a few seconds, an requires no effort to do as long as he has resources to use it.

Would this be the correct way to recreate the ability, or did I go wrong somewhere?

Control Gravity 50 (Persistent; +40%) (Melee Attack; Touch Only, -35%) (Cosmic, No Roll Required; +100%) (Reduced Time 1; +5%) (Costs ER)
"correct" is a bit of a broad term. That will give you the ability to alter gravity by up to 500%, which I assume is in the range of what you want. I wouldn't give you the melee attack discount, since control already requires touch. I'd also strongly consider requiring the character to buy up their skill and have them take No Nuisance Rolls rather than using C:NRR.

If point cost is a consideration, though, that's going to be excessively expensive, even cutting out the +100% by dropping the Cosmic: Control (Gravity) 50 is a thousand points base, and even with a discount for only one object at a time (since it seems like the big thing there is the lack of weight limit that you might have with telekinesis - a thousand points of TK is a /lot/ of TK, but control 50 gets you a 50-yard radius) that actually seems like a kind of lackluster power for that many points, although you could pull some pretty impressive power stunts.

As I mentioned, if you aren't trying to use gravity control to bypass the weight limit, you might consider a build using compartmentalized mind and telekinesis - remember that what matters is the game effects, not the fluff description around them.
Rysith is offline   Reply With Quote