View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
Praxian

Default Re: Spellfire Translation

Quote:

A)
I wonder about Contact Agent as well. Against living things, Contact Agent necessitates skin contact. Do unliving things have skin? Do they normally have protective coverings of some sort? Maybe Contact Agent with an unliving target necessitates direct contact, while not having Contact Agent means you can drain the item through a pouch, or back pack, or other item in which it is carried?

B)
A Cosmic Power Modifier (what I believe you're refering to as "Origin") is different than a Cosmic enhancement. Cosmic, Irresistible Attack does not automatically give an ability the Cosmic Power Modifier. EDIT: So, no, your burning attack would not work in a no mana zone unless you apply another Cosmic enhancement to it (or just removed the "Mana-Sensitive, -5%" portion of the Magical PM).

C)
IDHTBWM, but IIRC there's a part near the end when she protects whossname from a blast of dragon fire by lying on top of him and absorbing it. It's pretty safe to assume that her powers move at the speed of plot and do whatever Ed felt like she needed at the moment from what I remember, though. Power Mod: Mary Sue -10% would not be inappropriate. ;]
A)
Reason I wondered about contact agent is because of how it's worded. "Your attack must touch bare skin or porous clothing to have any effect at all." So while unliving things may not have "skin" per se, they do have equivalent things to be setup to be "touched" to be drained. That was my logic behind not being sure as to add CA or not.

B)
Good to know. I just wasn't sure about that as a whole which is why I was asking it.

C)
=D With that in mind, may not worry about aoe spells then. :) Just leave it as it is so that my brain doesn't crunch so hard on other things. =D
================================================== ======

I was double-checking "Absorption", and while the +80% is more appropriate than the 100% version, ER = FP for terms of figuring out this and that. Would using the "Accelerated Healing" from Leech be appropriate for Absorption as well as it pertains to using energy associated with using the Spellfire ya think?

As it stands right now, for every 3 points of damage absorbed, 1 point of ER would be healed. With the Accelerated healing, it would be a 1 to 1 basis.
Praxian is offline   Reply With Quote