View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #15
Praxian

Default Re: Spellfire Translation

Looking @ Leech, here's what I came up with for that as it pertains to draining the magical effects from them and items:

Leech: (-25% / -55%)
Accelerated Healing +25%
Only heals ER -20%
Magic Only -20%
Origin: Magic -10%

Contact Agent -30%

Unsure about Contact Agent, but it sounds good from what I read of Leech on p. 96 in Powers - opinions?

From post 1, powers redesign here:

DR:
Absorption +80% (b/c it's only able to heal ER), Limited: Magic Only -20%, Magical, -10%

Energy Reserve (Magical):
Abilities Only -10%, Special Recharge -70%

================================================== =

So that would be the basics for that.

For any of the powers, it would be "Costs FP" (with -5% per +1 Fatigue) and "ER Only" (also -5%). Add the Origin: Magical (-10%) and you'd more or less have the basics for the burning attack, healing, and flight powers.

For the burning attack it would be appropriate to add the +300% cosmic modifier of "Ignores DR".

One of the things I've always wondered, would it be approriate to change it from "Cosmic: Ignores DR" to "Magical: Ignores DR"?

In this case, Spellfire and all associated abilities do not work in a no magic zone. However with a burning attack that has a cosmic modifier from my understanding of the rules it would work in a no magic zone.

Now that my brain is rested, and my thoughts are somewhat coherent, thoughts? :)

Last edited by Praxian; 12-23-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Praxian is offline   Reply With Quote