View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 08:57 AM   #32
TGLS

Default Re: Seeking build advice: Modern conspiracy character creation

Going with a character concept of "guy who knows things":

1) Buy up IQ to 14 or 15, so you can get generally effective defaults in knowledge skills. Pick up dabble to cheaply raise defaults in several skills that might be important, and put 1 point into skills without defaults or will surely be important.

2) Buy several slots and points of this custom modular ability:

Digital Super Memorization: As super memorization, but you live in a society where information is easily available digitally. Information can be found for free both legally and illegally. Bad network conditions can interfere, but you may still use physical and saved media. 6 points base plus 4 points per point of abilities. (I assumed downloading and then reading balances out allowing physical media)

Consider adding the modifier (Not Combat or Social skills - 20%) for niche protection

3) Oracle (Digital) (Powers 65) would seem to be a better fit for the setting than the one from DF11.

4) Most of these are reasonable adventures in of themselves. If your character is expected to do the hacking too, keep some points handy for the computer hacking skill, unless the GM has a lot of focus there, which means:
I. The hacking skill doesn't exist
II. There should be many hackers to avoid boring all but 2 people to death.
Then you could probably rely on you modular ability to pick up the slack.

You should also invest points in the basic adventurer competencies, unless they clash with your character in some way (i.e. Social skills and shyness). Dropping combat paralysis is probably wise.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote