View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
PK

Default Re: Designer's Notes for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG bonus content

Bonus Character #1:
Lyndon Glibtongue

(Introduced in this Kickstarter update.)

Lyndon Glibtongue was my first Dungeon Fantasy PC, so this write-up is an homage to my disingenuous-but-likable bard (with notable differences, as bards received a bit of a revamp in these updated rules). It's important to realize that Compulsive Lying and Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) are not mutually exclusive; Lyndon won't lie to his friends about important tactical data that could get them hurt, but will otherwise find ways to cast himself as the hero. "We were attacked by a dire wolf while I was on watch, but I managed to drive it away without waking you. You all need your sleep, and it was no match for an archer like myself."

If I were playing this version of Lyndon, I'd use his earned character points to raise his ST to 11 and then to bump his Bow skill one or two levels. After that I'd take advantage of his Magery to learn a couple of Seek spells followed by Seeker, at which point the bard's mastery of Knowledge spells becomes a lot more fun. Or delve into the bard's Sound college for some useful ways to attack and misdirect.

His dream weapon is a ST 13, balanced, elven, composite bow (1d+3 imp, Acc 4, Range 260/325), which would be a 35-FP power item despite costing him "only" $17,010 (thanks to Elven Gear) before any enchantments like Penetrating Weapon and Puissance.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}

Last edited by PK; 09-28-2016 at 04:48 PM.
PK is offline   Reply With Quote