View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #95
b-dog

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Seems like you've got a great campaign idea. There are several cultures to the far west in the background. There's the "Mongol Horsemen" alluded to who have been trying to invade the south of Nordlond for 200 years or so (the Neveri are their names; this may have been excised from the book to keep it generic-ish). There are also the Inthriki, the totally-not-Asian realm based on the history of Kamakura-era Japan from which traders bring in "exotic curved two-handed swords" to sell at market.

But there's a reason I didn't overdefine the locale: you can have your fifth faction simply by introducing it. And Bob over there can play it straight, or add their own faction, easily.

Glad you're pleased with the PDF. If you got print, you might be interested to know it'll be 14mm thick with a lay-flat, sewn binding: it's going to be a big-ol' chunk o' book.
Too bad nobody is interested in a setting like Arabian Nights or Sinbad the Sailer. I love the idea of adventuring into exotic lands. Or maybe something like a southeast Asian adventure. Since traveling to Thailand and Asia I really think that is a setting that would be really cool to game in. I like your Norse setting a lot but i just would really love some adventures in exotic lands too.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote