View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 12:45 PM   #9
RobW

Default Re: Wizards, for your consideration, the Whip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils_Lindeberg View Post
It is actually easier to hit an opponent around the neck with a rope and pull the rope taut and start strangling them so severely that they will die within 10 seconds or so than it is to hit said enemy with a thrown spear at half the distance. And said spear will even do less damage that first turn?!?
And lasso only requires 8 ST and 1 IQ, so a ST8 DX16 IQ8 munchkin with a lasso can easily float a lasso over your dodging behind/neck/arm literally from across the entire arena, then choke you to death (to be fair, you should be able to escape if your DX is decent), or without save, pull you down or remove your weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils_Lindeberg View Post
And we have only scratched the surface of what you can do with a whip, dual wield, mastery and/or the higher levels of a staff spell with a fine or enchanted whip. :-)
Possibly of interest, here's a short report of a Death Test team including two whip/javelin dual wielders TBH the whips did not feel as broken as I was afraid they would be, although I did restrain myself (eg no whip lasso of bears).
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote