View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #185
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
Soma and Rudy

Penny sighs, and says, "I don't know if it would do any good for you to come to talk to the Committee with me. I'm sort of afraid to go talk to them myself... like so many Creationers, my relationship with Eli was personal, individual, you know? So, I guess I'm kind of afraid of any kind of impersonal authority figure. But, from what I hear, they're really suspicious of any outsiders, even angels of Flowers nowadays."

She shrugs. "No, I think all I can do is keep the faith, right?"

A wan smile tries to cross her face; despite the heroic effort, you can see that it doesn't entirely succeed. "I mean, it's not like I'm one of the Grigori or something, completely and totally and explicitly Outcast, right?"

Her brow furrows, and she says, "or am I reading this wrong? I mean, if Eli can't do this Redemption you want done, surely Novalis can. Or is it not just idle wondering that leads you to ask about him? Do you want to talk to the Committee, and are you hoping I'll help get you to them?"
Rudy looks deep into her friend's eyes, her own filled with warmth and concern.

"I didn't come here for the Committee," she says, one hand rubbing idly across the side of her own work pants. "I came here because I was worried. About Eli, about my friend ... heck, maybe I was even a little worried about you and didn't know it yet."

She gives a sigh of her own, rolls her shoulders a moment. "Guess I had reason, huh?" she asks Penny wryly.

Her fingers interlace, begin flexing idly -- tight, loose, tight, loose. "Maybe you're right," she admits. "Maybe I should just go to the Lady. But he would have fit so well ... and besides, I've never been good at letting things sit. I see something wrong; I want to go help."

She paces for a moment, her ever-restless action now translating to her legs. Finally, she stops. "I guess that's it," Rudy says. "I want to go help. I didn't come looking for the Committee -- but if going to them could help you or help them or help Eli, then that's what I want to do."

Her grin reappears, grows lopsided. "And now's your chance to tell me I'm being nosy and pushy and that it's time for me to buzz off," she says, a teasing tone in her voice. "You'll still be my friend if you do. But friends help friends ... and I want to help you."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote