View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 05:19 PM   #363
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
From Martial Arts page 126
Ah, right. When I searched Martial Arts I was looking for Sig Move (I thought they called it that too), but knew it was Trademark Move in DF.

Quote:
But if we do want to encourage characters to take it, we allow the trademark move perk. Now, that perk specifies that players need to take exact values and use them precisely... but that's exactly how our signature moves already work! So, for a single point, you can get a "+1" to all uses of that specific move.
Okay, so they are Trademark Move Perks. I wasn't sure as Graceful Form does not list the Perk in it's list...

Quote:
I found it exceptionally popular in CBR, so I ported it into Psi-Wars.
I rather expected that. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
I personally allow the 'improved chambara defenses vs rear attacks' to be used with force bucklers and other lightweight shields also . . . since if I can deflect a rear attack with my 2lb force sword Im sure I can manage it with a .5 lb force buckler!
There is a vast difference between swinging a 3 foot long weapon around behind you in time to parry something, and trying to get your arm behind you (facing the correct way!) in time. The first is far easier than the second (without just spinning around and facing the opposite the direction - which is just a wee bit cinematic).

Having fought with unrealistically light weight shields (Boffer LARP) i can say that blocking an overhand strike from the rear isn't hard, raise your shield above your head, crouch a bit, done. But anything coming in from a low or side angle from directly behind or the opposite flank from your shield? Impossible without turning around... and now you've turned around and exposed your back the foe in front of you.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote