Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech

Default Re: Looking for fantasy/medieval weapon & equipment lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
even historical prices are not self-consistent either. <shrug>
Exactly right. Real life modern day prices aren't consistent either. Where are you shopping? NYC or Mississippi? Ebay, boutique stores, or yard sale? Is it for school supplies during back-to-school season, or writing supplies at a journal store? Winter clothes at the end of winter season, or for a bikini in December?

That said, Low-Tech is not just a list. It's a description of how and why and which, concerning technology, skills, techniques, and so forth. It is a catalog, but also more.

I have made lists of gear for my own campaigns, and those lists are on the net, or derived from those on the net. I like price lists.

Still, LT is superior as a starting point for creating such a list. You get not just item/cost/wieght, but performance numbers of all types (damage, DR/HP, etc.) and how and why and when to use the thing.

Lists are useful, and very handy in play or to print out and give to players when they are creating characters or shopping at the bazaar in game. Low-Tech isn't really for that purpose, exclusively.
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote