View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #304
Bayarea

Default Re: Rick's healing spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
Hi all,
On the Brainiac Site, I posted the following rules.

Links:

https://tft.brainiac.com/RicksTFT/title.html
https://tft.brainiac.com/RicksTFT/Sp...ellsInTFT.html

I didn't like the D&D style fight & heal cycle. On the other hand, I kept coming across TFT campaigns where the GM added spells like "Spend 2 fST and get back 1d6 points of damage," which I thought were AWFUL. It gradually became obvious to me that some sort of healing spell was wanted by a lot of people.

Thinking about what I wanted in a healing spell, I decided that it sucked when the party was far from home (say in a jungle) and one character got wounded. The whole adventure stops while the party finds a semi-safe spot and then waits 3 weeks for the wounded player to heal up.

So my healing spells allow you to adventure when wounded, without slowing healing. Higher levels of spells cause you to heal faster. VERY high levels will heal 1 point of damage of the last wound taken in the last few minutes. (Much like physicking a recent wound.)

These spells didn't reduce the lethality of combat (or at least far less than a healing potion). But they allowed people with a couple points of damage to reasonably say, "let's get on with the adventure. I'll likely be healed up before the next fight.'

I've used these spells for real years of in my campaign, and they work well.

Warm regards, Rick.
Yes I like your rules but one thing I added was on the Physicker side. A physicker could heal 2 hit/wound not just per combat. So if Joe got hit by 3 different attacks say an arrow for 3, sword hit for 5 and spear for 3 the physicker could treat all 3 wounds separately for 6 points of healing after the fighting was over and assuming there was time. A Master Physicker would heal 9. This kept parties going instead of being killed by a thousand pin pricks.
Bayarea is offline   Reply With Quote