View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #16
macphersonrants

Default Re: Help Building Secret Organization for Occult Horror Game

I think I am going to roll with the lodge as the organizing force. I figure it will work like this. At the top you have the Amonis Albioni Lodge from Weird War II and Cabal. It recruits from other Masonic groups around the Anglo-American world and is highly secretive. The lodge has dozens of members infiltrated throughout the U.S., British, and Commonwealth governments. You'd find senior members at the Deputy Director/Secretary level in the U.S. and its equivalent abroad. Folks at this, Paul Wolfowitz, sort of level would be powerful enough to manipulate a lot of resources and assignments, but still able to keep a bit of a low profile.

Operatives could be salted throughout intelligence and law enforcement. There could be a small handful of standing teams (the PCs), secreted as inter-agency task forces. I figure the lodge could also control a medium size security firm, a transportation company, a research foundation or two, and some think tanks. This would give a good balance of resources and also provide a place to put the occasional Dr. Jones sort of a character.

I'm pretty happy with the concept.

Last edited by macphersonrants; 03-10-2010 at 01:23 PM.
macphersonrants is offline   Reply With Quote