View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Acolyte

Default Re: Essence Special Effects

I actually utilize a rule exactly thus...lemme dig out my campaign info document.

"Any celestial can at will and without Essence use perform minor miracles, nothing more lasting or significant than those produced by prestidigitation in D&D 3e (see Tome and Blood). This causes negligible disturbance.

Any celestial can at will for 1 Essence perform slightly more significant miracles, causing mild disturbance. No effect from this can cause damage or duplicate/exceed the effect of a Song, but it can make life easier for the celestial involved."

Does this expand the abilities of angels and demons? Yes, and very fundamentally. Does it make the game more fun? Definitely. Plus, the more ways you give players to spend Essence, the more ways you have to say "Well, Archangel Jordi was passing by and has come to investigate in a large kodiak bear host..."