View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #24
Varyon

Default Re: [Supers] Nerfed Marvel Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
Question regarding my Wasp build. As you may have seen, her Flight advantage is significantly over the -80% disadvantage limit. This isn't a huge deal (in a situation like this, accuracy is better than pure efficiency or effectiveness), but I do generally dislike "wasted" limitations, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I saw the suggestion of adding Reliable, which could work, but I'm not sure it would 100% make sense, so opinions on that would also be appreciated.
While not RAW, something I've suggested in the past is to allow the "wasted" points to be spent on a separate Advantage that serves to improve the primary one; said Advantage only functions when the primary is usable and gets no discount for this (basically, an Advantage that functions like an Enhancement). For Flight, I'd typically recommend Enhanced Move (Flight), but that's clearly incompatible with your vision of the Wasp. Perhaps a bonus to the Flight and Aerobatics skills would be acceptable? Using racial skill bonuses, the "wasted" [14] from being -35% beyond the limit could purchase +3 to each, with [2] leftover (optionally for a further +1 to one of the skills).