View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #50
Jalinth

Default Re: The unofficial new units thread

I was just playing around with GURPS: Vehicle Builder. I had entered the Mk V ogre and was playing with stats. Here are a couple of things that I came up with, converted to Ogre/Ogre minis terms. All these units move at the same speed as a normal MK V. No I would not want to play in a game with the last two.

Ogre Mk V - Missile Tank: Remove the Ogre Missiles. Add 3 - Attack 1, R8", Def 3 turrets.

What I did was take a Secondary Turret and replace the gun with the Launch rail from a missile tank. Missile tanks carry three, so I added 3 turrets. Easy, and not that super unbalenced. At least compared to what is coming up next.

Ogre Mk V - Howitzer: Remove the Ogre Missiles. Add 2 - Attack 6 R12" Def 4 turrets.

Yep. It works. An Ogre with 2 mobile howitzers on the back. Scary eh? Just you wait.

Ogre Mk V - UberHowitzer: Remove all non AP weapons. Add 6(!) Attack 6 R12" Def 4 turrets.

And there it is. UberMunchkins delight. It's an ogre that carries 6 unlimited ammo ogre missiles with extra range. How would YOU stop it?

Lessons Learned - Converting units from GURPS:OGRE to Ogre is very dangerous. The Ogre Cyber-Walker I did is a MKV but with legs. It moves like a MKIV and the legs can take more damage then the MKV's tracks.

-Originally Posted by "copeab" on the SJG forums
2. I would not call an AK-47 'delicate.'
Jalinth is offline   Reply With Quote