View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
Phoenix42

Default Re: In Nomine Virtual Atlas

Ah, moin Herr Kollege :)

Nice to see someone else doing the German angle ^^

I admit I was a bit careless about the Mainz cathedral, but I think with the masses of work put into, and the respect regarded to cathedrals over the centuries, every one of them (including Speyer) warrants a tether - though there could be some twists, I imagine what with the things that have gone on in some cathedrals, they may well be Asmodeus tethers, or Haagenti ;)...
But even with your standard cathedral, one would have to decide whether the cathedral in question was more Laurence or more Dominic-aligned. I considered Dominic for Mainz because the Archbishop of Mainz used to be the Interrex of the Holy Roman Empire - which includes judiciary positions, but I decided against it, mostly because my Gabriel players would have gone stir-crazy with Dominic on their doorstep all the time. One could also consider catholic cathedral tethers being forked, Laurence/Dominic.

I think what with its reputation, BASF is more in line for Vapula - but that's just my opinion; it occurs to me, wasn't BASF one of the German firms that sold to Saddam Hussein and the US when it came to nerve gas and Agent Orange? That would certainly qualify. Again, I'm not sure, I know that Boehringer Ingelheim (the largest privately-owned chemicals corporation) certainly did both.

I think Benz deserves to be Jean, though - his invention was positive in many respects, and without it, so many Ofanites would be that much sadder :(

Oh, P.S.: why were you reading so many Roman speeches..?
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote