View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 09:47 PM   #1
KataH

Default Create unique Skills based on other Skills and different attributes.

Armin
  • I hope this make sense and you can help me here if this is not to complicated. I want to create a GDF file of skills that are based on the points put into the Base skill however they are based on a different Attributes.
  • For Example, Artist (Woodworking), p. B179, is based on IQ/H. The skill states “but there are many situations in which the GM could logically ask for a DX-based roll, in which case modifiers for High Manual Dexterity (p. 59) or Ham-Fisted (p. 138) would apply. In rare cases, even a ST-based Artist roll might make sense – for instance, to work with a physically tough material.”
  • I want to have the skills be a selectable skill in GCA, have them default to the base skill, it autocrinally selects the default skill as a prerequisite (if not already selected, cannot put points into them, and give them slightly different names like Artists (Woodworking – DX Based) or Artist (Woodworking – ST Based). Once I see how that is done, I can do the same thing for Per based Soldier (for Situational Awareness rolls) or DX base Shiphandling (Ship – Helm, etc.

Can this be done or is it too complicated?

"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!"

Last edited by KataH; 09-23-2021 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Spelling, additional information.
KataH is offline   Reply With Quote