Thread: Print on demand
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #7
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Print on demand

Lulu is pretty clear in the T&C about what rights you retain (ownership of the material) and what rights they gain (a sub-license to use it in connection with their website). Essentially, they are saying they may post samples or use cover mock-ups in their advertising. And they also state that if you set the project to private they'll attempt to keep it private, but cannot guarantee security of the project - in other words, if they get hacked you're out of luck and cannot seek recourse against them. So I honestly wouldn't worry about any of that, just make sure to set the project to private so you aren't selling printed versions of SJGames books.

As for "best practice" you certainly could delete the project after you've ordered it, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. I had several projects I mocked up and left there for a while before I ordered them. If you're worried about it then go ahead and delete them, but I'd wait until after you received your order in case there's a problem and you need to do a reprint or something.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote