View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 07:09 AM   #830
L.J.Steele

Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Having discovered an alien base at least at TL above ours which was abandoned 60k years ago.

489. Not allowed to inject the most expendable member of the team with the nanites I found that probably contain the memories of the alien chief engineer so that said PC can fix the main power plant.

490. Team leader/ politician / diplomat/ bureaucrat strongly discourages referring to any member of the team aloud as "most expendable". Says it is bad for morale when the team doctor says such things aloud.

491. Probably not allowed to inject the PC least critical to mission success with the other nanites ("insta-skill" for repair) we found that are designed for a previously unknown alien race's brain.

492. Stating that I'm positive that I can keep said PC alive, and not being willing to speculate on the existing limited data about unknowns like sanity thereafter is bad for morale.

493. Running simulations on the likely outcome of both 489 and 491 if our mechanical genius making repairs using a manual in a language we've got "broken" proficiency in, a set of tools we found by the control panel, and the system's version of "Clippy" bobbles it is just prudence.

494. Almost certainly not allowed to intentionally use the base auto-doc to regrow/reassemble the alien chief engineer, implant it with its own memory nanos, and expect that it will be friendly enough to fix the main power plant. Allowing the base's emergency recovery system to automatically restore the engineer from nanite backup without altering the other PCs that it activated itself will earn a stern talking-to from the team leader/ politician / diplomat/ bureaucrat.
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote