View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 05:15 PM   #80
The_Ryujin

Default Re: [Blog] n-Body Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreios View Post
Quite interesting. I did note some things on scale, though:

Is that RoF in Spaceship turns or in seconds?
Whoops, should of been more clear. Yeah, Spaceships 20sec scale. The tanks full mass would be almost all railgun if it fired at ROF 1 heh.

For some reason the point defense guns are in seconds though. Probably should of waited to get some sleep before stating this up heh.

Quote:
The 30lbs seems very high - at my first rough estimate, that's a length/width ratio of almost 150:1 for tungsten.
Just ran the numbers again and I made a mistake. 30lbs is how much a round would weigh if it was a full sized medium battery, I forgot to reduce the weight for the round for being very rapid fire! It should weigh only 1.5lbs per shot.

If your interested:

Damage in d-scale from railguns is caliber in centimeters×3. This takes into account that railguns have 2 miles/sec of muzzle velocity.

Caliber is 10^((SM+Gb)/13)
SM is the ships size.
Gb is 8 if a major battery, 7 if a medium battery, 6 if a secondary battery, 5 if a tertiary battery and 9 if a spinal battery.

Divide caliber by two if rapid fire, by 4 if very rapid fire.

Bullet weight is 10^((SM+Gw)/4)
SM is the ships size.
Gw is 12 if a major battery, 13 if a medium battery, 14 if a secondary battery, 15 if a tertiary battery and 11 if a spinal battery.

Divide weight by 5 if rapid fire, by 20 if very rapid fire (or by 4 and 16 if you want to be exact, oh David and your pentaphilia).

Number of shots is 10^((SM+Gs)/6)
SM is the ships size.
Gs is 6 if a major battery, 5 if a medium battery, 4 if a secondary battery, 3 if a tertiary battery and 7 if a spinal battery.

Multiply number of shots by 5 if rapid fire or by 20 if very rapid fire (or as before, 4 and 16).

Quote:
Agreed; at that point it's either limited by terrain features or shooting tanks in the mountains a hundred kilometres distant.
Sir, they're counter firing!

Right. How much time until the round reach us?

19 minutes sir!

Very good. Plenty time for tea.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote