View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #136
Daeglan

Default Re: Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
I wonder when will the US stop trying to use outmoded nonstandard measurements ;)

Now seriously, have you tried removing the "shrink to fit" option when printing it? it might help. Here, if i don't do that, I end up with letter pages scaled to 96% of normal size when trying to print them on A4 paper.

As for providing alternate sizes, I know what nightmare that can be. However, one very nice paper size is american comic book size (17 x 26 cm - 6 5/8" x 10 ¼" for those using ACU/Imperial), not for printing, but for displaying in a widescreen turned 90º. In my tablet (Asus eee Pad Transformer, with a 1280x800 10.1" screen) it maximizes screen real estate (Android 3+ uses 48 pixels on the bottom of the screen for the system bar).

My understanding is we did the switchover at around 1860...It kinda got overshadowed by some people getting upset about other states allowing people to be owned and those states in a temper tantrum attacked the first states... Needless to say the business of killing each other was kind of distracting.
Daeglan is offline   Reply With Quote